Saturday, April 23, 2011

Oh flickr, you are so smart, touche on Explore

So the other day, I posted a picture on flickr. I posted it in a lot of group, to hope for a shot to have it featured in "Explore". For those of you that doesn't know what that means, it's basically 500 pictures that flickr deemed to be "interesting" that day.

I got a lot of comment from the groups that I have posted it in, 140 to be exact, 267 views, and 30 faved the picture as well, in a 24 hour period. That's pretty damn good, I would think. A sure shot to have it in "Interestingness".



I was wrong.

I searched for some of the ones that did make it. It had way less than what I have. Like this one for example. It was #42 on Explore.

But, flickr knew what I was up to. It knows that it was "rigged". Even though the picture I posted was worth to be on Explore.

Touche flickr... touche.


1 comment:

  1. Yeah i really don't get Explore. Sometimes theres great shots in there but then there are tons of crap that is not interesting at all. Like a photo of a blanket or something. Same is true for my photos that have been in or are still in Explore. Some of them are just like "why would you pick this???"
    Heres my shots that are in or have been Explored.
    http://bighugelabs.com/scout.php?username=shenanigans+in+japan&sort=date&year=0

    ReplyDelete