Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Slow Shutter Cam iPhone App

I saw a post by Pete Leong on his blog that he had made a purchase recently for a certain app that I have wished iPhone would have. It's called Slow Shutter Cam.

Now long exposures can be achieved in the iPhone. I was excited to start using it, but unlike Pete, I didn't have anything that can hold the iPhone still. So I got stuck on just putting it in a stationary place and wish it luck.

Here is my first attempt at the said app. This was on Automatic setting with 8 second exposure. You can adjust how bright you want it after the picture is taken. All photos are with no edit. Just fresh from the app.
Tiger beer and Hookah.

Then I had to fly the next day and wished for clouds in the sky. Wished came true. There was a few scattered clouds in the air and shot some of it. I was a bit hesitant about shooting it since it was still daytime. Again this was shot with "Automatic" and with a 4 second delay. I was amazed with the results.



And so I pushed it to its limits and decided to do a 30 second delay. Here's what I got.



Put it on timer and tried it with a receiver on contact. They were not still due to the clouds. 8 second delay on this one.



Then they have another feature called "Light Trail". You can actually see what you're shooting as you shoot it. Here's what I have just playing around with it.


Conclusion? For $0.99, I think it is well worth it. Finally get to have some decent night shots with nothing but your mobile phone. Now off to get some gorilla tripod thing to have my iPhone still. 

2 comments:

  1. I love the app. I was gathering information so I could recommend it to my daughter, and in so doing I came across this image on the iTunes site for the app. I worked on KC-135s at McConnell AFB for 11 years and was instantly in love with the photo for the technique and subject. I'm glad they attributed it to you and provided a link. Excellent shots!

    ReplyDelete